Ways to Help Valley View Community Food Bank
You can become a donor of the food bank by choosing how you want to give. We have campaigns throughout the year, (general) online giving and you can even do your own fundraiser online! All online donations can be a one time or a monthly gift and can be given as a way to honor someone. If you prefer to make a donation in person, come to any of our pantries or thrift stores during our business hours, or feel free to contact us directly. Checks can be mailed to 10771 W Peoria Ave., Sun City, AZ 85351. Any way you care to give, we appreciate your support!
Tax Benefits of Giving
- If you do not itemize your deductions, you can reduce your taxable income in 2020 only, up to $300, with an “above the line” adjustment for cash donations made before December 31, 2020.
- If you do itemize your deductions, a rare opportunity for 2020 only: deduct cash donations made before December 31, 2020, by up to 100% of your adjusted gross income (AGI). You can combine stock transfers at 30% and cash contributions at 70% to reach 100% of AGI.
- Take full advantage of the stock market’s recent record highs and avoid capital gains by transferring appreciated stocks, bonds, and mutual funds that you have owned for at least one year. You receive a tax deduction for the full fair market value of the securities transferred.
- Give up to $100,000 tax free with the IRA charitable distribution. This is available to those who are 70 ½ years or older and either itemize or take the standard charitable deduction. Since the required minimum distribution has been waived for 2020, you may want to initiate such a gift in January 2021.
- The gift that keeps on giving—establish a charitable gift annuity that provides fixed payments to you for life in exchange for a gift of cash or securities and receive a charitable tax deduction for 2020.
We always need healthy foods to put into our emergency food boxes for families in need within Arizona. Most needed items are soups, tomato sauces, stews; peanut butter and jelly; fruit juice and bottled water; oatmeal and other healthy cereals; canned fruits and vegetables (including low salt and low sugar); baby food and diapers; personal care products, including adult diapers and feminine hygiene products.
If you have a donation of food or need to contact us to arrange for donation boxes or for a pick-up, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 623-933-3358 during business hours.
Food Drives are another great way to raise food for those less fortunate! We encourage you to host your own food drive in the community; it’s a fun and easy way to support the food bank. Your help will allow us to build nutritional food boxes for individuals and families in need.
Email us at email@example.com to find out how to host your own food drive.
Donating Your Time
When we say “we can’t do it without you,” we really mean it! The food bank prides itself in saying this is the community’s food bank because of the dedication of our volunteers. Valley View Community Food Bank has more than 760 volunteers who help feed the community and run the food bank on a daily basis. Volunteers pack food donations that come through our doors, help clients get the food they need, and support the food bank’s daily operations.
Volunteers are vital to the success of the Food Bank and its support of the community. If you are interested in volunteering your time, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or call us at 602-486-4285